Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adventure safaris


Our friend has a visitor who’s on some exchange program from China staying at her house and she asked me for fun activities to do before she goes back. She’s done the usual wildlife safari, weekend at the beach and now she’s looking for some adventure. I had the perfect place in mind. Bungewalla.
Bungewalla is a site on the banks of Tana River which is near Nyeri town about 95kms from Nairobi that offers camping, white water rafting and last but definitely not least bungee jumping. Now what can be more adventurous than jumping off a tall structure while connected to an elastic cord? It is the only bungee jumping site in Kenya and I recommend it every time to all adventure seekers. Adrenaline enthusiasts can get a fix jumping off the 60 meter high steel tower into the river below. As if that’s not quite enough you can go white water rafting afterwards.
I don’t just recommend places I know nothing about. I’ve actually bungee jumped and all I can say is it was an experience to remember. It is totally safe and the guy who runs it is really friendly and helpful – he’ll push you off if you chicken out :) no really he is nice. Bungewalla rigorously conforms to standards and guidelines governing jumps therefore it is totally safe. There are ankle attachments and body harnesses as backup so there’s nothing to worry about.
I hope she does take my advice and go bungee jumping. There is something for everyone in Kenya from relaxing seaside holidays to adrenaline pumping safaris.

No comments:

Post a Comment