Friday, August 28, 2009

Famous tree house


Treetops is tree house lodge in Aberdare National Park in Kenya where you can watch wild animals in their natural surroundings without going for a game drive. The lodge overlooks two waterholes which attract a great variety of animals. There are viewing decks on ground level and on the rooftop where one can observe animals in safety and take close up pictures of the animals as they come to the watering hole. This tree house is best known for its connection to Queen Elizabeth II who ascended to the crown after her father died while she was on vacation at the lodge.
I remember my visit to the lodge a few years back. The rooms were nice and cozy, the food great and the animals so close I felt I could reach out and touch them. They do not allow loud noises as this can frighten the animals and this paused a challenge to my friends and I as we were having so much fun watching the animals and would scream every time we heard a lion growl in the distance. The lodge has 50 rooms designed like cabins in a ship and at the lounge there are trees growing through the building.
One can only stay at the lodge a night so only overnight baggage is allowed. The lodge is part of the outspan hotel in Nyeri where you have to book before gaining admittance into the treetop lodge. I loved my stay at treetops, the view is amazing and on clear days you can even see the snowy peaks of Mount Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment